Jose Mourinho sends message to Manchester United fans



JOSE MOURINHO says it is a "special honour" to have signed for Manchester United after the club confirmed his appointment this morning.

"To become Manchester United manager is a special honour in the game," he said.

"It is a club known and admired throughout the world.

"There is a mystique and a romance about it which no other club can match.

"I have always felt an affinity with Old Trafford; it has hosted some important memories for me in my career and I have always enjoyed a rapport with the United fans.

"I’m looking forward to being their manager and enjoying their magnificent support in the coming years."



"[The fans] know what they can give me and what I can give them. The relationship with the fans is important.

"I played so many times at Old Trafford, and the feeling was empathy. I sometimes said things that my club wasn't happy with.

"I remember when I won at Old Trafford with Real Madrid and I said the best team lost, not many people at Real Madrid were very happy with that.

"I feel great. I think this comes at the right moment in my career. Man Utd is a club you need to be prepared for, because they are what I call a giant club and giant clubs need the best managers.

"I'm ready for it. I'm proud. I'm honoured. I cannot wait for 7th July to go on the pitch.

"I think we can put our club into perspective. One perspective is the last three years; another is the history. I prefer to forget the past three years.

"I want to win. I need the supporters and players to feel that."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Articles